PSi 2015 TOHOKU Beyond Contamination | Osore-zan Visit
Price: 6,200 JPY (Bus, lunch and entrance fee included)
Osore-zan* is a famous ritual site in the north end of mainland of Japan, Shimokita peninsula. It takes 3 hours by car from Aomori city centre.
Osore-zan was founded in A.D. 862, more than 1,000 years ago and has been known as one of the top 3 ritual sites of Japan, with Hiei-zan and Koya-san.
The approach is lined with more than 40 tall stone lanterns. Visitors will face the vast desolate landscape with fumarolic gas, towers of small stones, sotoba, Jizo and colourful windmills，that represent the mourning for the dead.
There is a lake (Usori-ko) in the precinct. The ashore is called Gokuraku-hama, the places which connect the world of the living and the world of the dead. There are also hot springs in the precinct and visitors can freely use.
In this cultural visit, we will look around the precinct with lectures about the history and rituals of Osore-zan. We believe this visit to be the excellent and rare opportunity to visit the religious heart of Tohoku.
* At this time of the year there is no Itako, because they are there regularly through the period of the special festival.
* In this visit you do not need to prepare for climbing, but please bring comfortable shoes.
* The bus to Osore-zan will depart and arrive at Aomori station.
- イベント詳細情報を更新しました。 Diff 2015-06-25 02:45:14
9:00 AM - 6:30 PM JST
Osore-zan Cultural Visit ¥6,200
On sale until Aug 10, 2015, 11:00:00 PM
- Venue Address
- Usoriyama-3-2 Tanabu, Mutsu-shi, Aomori-ken 035-0021 Japan
Keio University Art Center401 Followers